Utilization Review RN
Abilene, TX 79601
- Opportunity for a Utilization RN at a hospital in Abilene, TX
- The Utilization Review (UR) Nurse provides clinical review against nationally recognized medical necessity criteria for the purpose of evaluating medical necessity or hospitalization; provides ongoing communication with health plan utilization departments; provides feedback and assistance to other members of the healthcare team regarding the appropriate use of resources and timely follow-through with the plan of care; communicates with the Lead UR RN when potential medical necessity denials are determined by the payer
- Works under the Case Manager; No hands-on nursing unless needed
- Monday through Friday schedule
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Excellent benefits
- Relocation and sign-on bonus offered!
- TX RN license or ability to obtain TX RN license
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in an acute care hospital OR
One year recent Utilization Review experience in an acute care/hospital setting OR
One year recent experience as a Case Manager in an acute care/hospital setting
- Must be nicotine free 6 months prior to drug screen
Not exactly what you're looking for?
Fortus Healthcare Resources' Permanent Division works with a wide range of clients across the country on opportunities in every modality and at every level of the dialysis industry, from PCT to RVP.
With 20 years of relationships and industry knowledge, we are uniquely able to assist you in finding your next, best job.
We're happy to and ready to help!
Interested in Texas but unable to relocate?
Consider one of our many travel opportunities! Learn more about travel here: Fortus Travel